Thursday, February 03, 2005

Say it Ain't So

This might turn into a really long entry, or if you are lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) you'll get a few smaller ones. It all is determined on how successful I am at segwaying various topics of no relative correlation, except they all interest or have to do with me. So there. I must first chime in about the recent and recurring news of Norm Chow’s eminent departure from USC’s family. First let me start by listing the recent jobs he was linked to, but did not receive; College: BYU, Stanford, Arizona, Syracuse and Kentucky; NFL: San Francisco, Baltimore, Arizona and now Tennessee. Is he the New York Yankees of free Agents to ADs and GMs of NFL teams? A free agent talks with the Yankees to get a market price or counter offer on his head going up, then following up with another team and signing for more than they normally would have, had the Yankees not been involved. Many times a FA has no intention of wearing Pinstripes, just wants more money from some other sucker team. In this case, Teams and Schools have no interest in Norm Chow taking over their system. They just drop the Norm Chow name, to create some buzz and some interest so they can get better candidates, lower salary whatever the case may be. Every team is a believable candidate for Norman, since he “desperately” wants to be a Head College coach so he can be the first “Asian-American” head football coach in DI (I do not refer to DI as ‘The One” as I do to DII being “The 2”, since the title of “The One” was taken by a high school senior in the class of 1997, some many years ago). So you ask, (actually you don’t ask because only my USC friends care about this topic or my opinion on it, so you might as well skip down to another topic, except Joey since Joe is a die-hard ‘SC fan) what is your take/feelings on it? Well, first let me say thanks for asking. Second, Norman “get the fuck out”, seriously and don’t let the slamming door hit you in your fat ass on the way out. Here’s how I really feel about it. This whole Norman Chow situation is like in college, when you had a hot girlfriend that keeps leaving you for some older guy with a real job (read: NFL or Head Coaching Position). Then when said "older guy with job" decides she's not what they want, or they were just trying to get their Ds wet or whatever, she comes back to you. She acts like she never meant to leave you, and that YOU are the one she always wanted. So you keep accepting her back because A) She's hot* (Great Offensive Coordinator) and B) the sex is great (You win Championships and Heisman Trophies). But you know that as soon as another "older guy" decides to talk sweet to her, she'll bolt quicker than Ty Law. So, my advice is this, you might as well find a new chick or else you'll be going through this same coming-and-going thing forever, and it sucks. Even if the new chick isn't quite as hot, or the sex isn't quite as good, hey at least you're getting' laid, right? And you won't have to keep worrying about where she is on Saturday nights when she wont answer her cell phone, that little tramp.

So that’s how I feel, rest easy tonight little girls. By the way, I am thinking of starting a recurring them in each of my blogs, like Dimes does with his song lyrics. Only, this is entirely dependent on the material being presented to me. I think it will be along the lines of, “Actual statements made by my friends to me over Instant Message”. While I hope the title does not end up that lengthy, you get the idea of where I am going here. For installment #1, come from (I’m at a crossroads here, do I keep it anonymous or not?). Ok, no names yet, but maybe in the future, and it’s not hard to figure out who this guy is.

“i got a replica gary payton white lakers jersey for 10 dollars at TJ Max today .” Replica, you say? Are you sure? You mean they don’t sell real, game worn GP jerseys at “The Max” anymore? Say it ain’t so!

*By the way, I don't think Norm Chow is hot, but after that shellacking of Oklahoma, I might** make out with him.

**probably not, but you never know***.

***Chris, I won't make out with Norm Chow, so stop asking me to, seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home