Wednesday, October 19, 2005

LOST Update 10/19 Pre-Epidoe

While I write this, most of you are watching the latest episode of LOST. For that I envy you as I have to wait until Friday to watch it.

Some of you may have noticed that Claire Littleton wears a Chinese symbol around her neck. See Image Here. That symbol is “Ai” which means “Love”, as in “wo ai ni= I love you” which some of you may have heard before. I call attention to this because I have previously mentioned that Jack has a Chinese tattoo. See Image Here. As I said, this is Chinese Idiom meaning Free, Brave or Courageous. This in connection to the similarities of the DHARMA symbol and the I-Ching, is very interesting.

Something I am working on is a Character Connection matrix. I am looking for instance wear the castaways’ paths may have crossed before the day of the flight. If we use Airport encounters, it does get more interesting, however for sake of argument, I am sticking to pre-airport encounters.
1) Jin sees Hurley on TV while delivering his first message:
2) Sawyer and Boone are both in the Police station (could Kate have been there too? And remember Jack had to go to the Police Station to look for his Father, could he have been there also?)
3) Hurley and Locke shared the same boss, Randy
4) Sawyer met Jack’s Father (indirect connection)
5) Claire and Michael may have met in the same Lawyer’s office (I need to check, but seemed the same)
Some that I think could come up:
Locke had surgery in Jack’s Hospital
Jack used Boone’s wedding company for his wedding


Another thing I am working on is the fact that most LOST members did not “want” to be on that flight. What I mean is that they either did not purchase those tickets themselves or were forced on the flight.
1) Claire is given the tickets by the Psychic
2) Kate is extradited to the States
3) Sayid is forced on that plane by the CIA
4) Sawyer is deported (as I remember)
5) Shannon is “brought” back to LA by Boone
6) Locke is not allowed to go on the Walkabout, forced to fly home
7) Sun did not plan on being on that flight, since she was going to leave Jin at the Airport
8) Walt is forced to live with Michael.

What sparked this was the episode where Jenny (I believe) drowns in the ocean, when Boone and Jack try to save her. Kate mentions that “she wasn’t supposed to be on the flight” and that she had had some SCUBA accident and was grounded.

Where this all ties up, I am not sure. However, to disprove my own point, Jack begged to be on that flight so he could burry his Father.

If you have any information to add, please post it here or in the Rockhampalace Forums.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home