Friday, September 01, 2006

A GRRREAT Start to College Football Weekend!

ASIDE from me having to work on Saturday, this weekend and last few days have been awesome. I already expected it to be HUGE, what with the USC v Arkansas Game on Sunday, LC BOYZ Draft on Tuesday as well as WIS Recruiting for Cal Tech starting. Plus the GF is out of town, so I can start rebuilding the NCAA 2004 PS2 Dynasty that got erased last week. I'm in year 2 (Bush's Sophomore year). However, Christmas came early this year, Friday and Saturday to be exact.

#1) With my job, I work closely with big name computer companies' marketing channels, specifically their afifliate managers. I work the most with DELL and HP. Well, as the stock prices have shown, HP has been gaing on DELL in compuetr sales channel, and I'd like to think I've had a hand in helping increase HP sales (but not responsible for DELL's decline). I've had such an impact on HP's performance, that they are sending me (free of charge) and Brand Spanking New HP DV8000t. (Asian Chick Not Included)

#2) The New York Yankees blog that I frequent, ran a contest in August. Predict how many games the Yankees will win, and how many runs they will score. Top two winners get a copy of the Yankees World Series DVD box set. My prediction, and entry sent in was 18 Wins and 169 runs. Well, they won 18 games and scored 172 runs. Guess who is the proud new owner of a Yankee DVD set?

"Congratulations! You were one of the winners in the August contest! Please let me know a time you can be reached and a number to call you at so I can confirm your address and get a few quotes from you on your victory (to be published, of course, on The Blog)."

So, now I have the USC game, as well as 14 other College Football games I will be watching, via ESPN Gameplan Online, starting at Midnight tonight. As well as LC Boyz draft going on Tuesday. With my luck I should open a sports betting account and put $100 on Utah to cover this weekend against UCLA (-3). Since Utah will not only cover the +3, they will win by at least a TD (maybe 3). The Spread Option is hard to defend, and UCLA can't stop the run. Changing the name of a terrible defense to " The New DeWayne Walker's Defense" doesn't make bad players good. A rose by any other name is still a better defense than UCLA's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home