Tuesday, March 15, 2005

March Madness

I was going to write some blog about all of the Pick'em knowledge I've gained over the years. Maybe I would give you some "insider" tips like "Strong Post Play", Senior Leadership", "Team Defense" and "how well teams historically play in e the tournament". But most of you have already filled out your brackets, and or are in some pool with me. So why in the hell would I give you advice on how-to-not win your Pool? Beats me. A couple things I will say; Brackets are won in the Final Four, never before that (unless a huge group are playing, like 50). When in doubt, always assume that Pac-Ten teams blow ass-cock, except for Da 'Cats. They just blow cock. (which reminds me, Juice. I went to that Nike Party, and they had these sweet UofA Nike Kicks. I took some Pics with my phone. I'll email them to ya) Lastly, Duke is Duke. They're on TV More than leave it to Beavaah...Reruns! (I hate Duke).

I will say this (also) about my bracket picking this year. for some reason I fell in love with Wisconsin's Squad. Maybe it's that dreamy Mike Wilkinson. I'm not really sure. But, in the usual "Side" fashion, I've taken them way too far in the Tourney, to do me any good.
Oh, and I have been going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on this Texas Tech, UCLA game. Even though the winner loses in Round two, it is the principles behind this game. UCLA will find a way to F-me, regardless of the situation. Scenario A) I take 'Tech, UCLA obviously wins, and then goes on a roll, ruining my bracket. B) I take UCLA, and they lose in the first round.
Knowing what I know, and how much I hate UCLA, I will gladly sacrifice a first round game, to see them exit. So, I've taken UCLA to upset Texas Tech in Round One. Have a safe flight home, Bruins. You blow ass-cock and I hate you.


I finished reading State of Fear this weekend. Great book, I highly recommend it. At one point I was extremely upset at Crichton's inability to have deep characters or believable (even exciting) dialogue. At one point there is a conversation with a CPA, that I hope never happens to me. Well, the conversation would be a good one to have, but I hope I never have a CPA as stupid as the one in ths book. Most of my frustration was geared towards an Attorney and his blindness. But then I realized just who "He" represented, and the angry was created by Crichton on purpose. This whole exchange, most definitely made me embarrassed that I even questioned him in the first place. I will not take back any statements I have previously made about his awful endings. There are always atrocious.
There are statistics in the novel, one specifically about how the average temperature of Shanghai has risen 8 degrees in the last 20 years. First, obviously the population of this little town has risen a few. Twenty years ago there were literally (maybe) no skyscrapers around. Now, the horizon is full of them. However, this winter it has snowed here four times. The most recent snowing, occurring this past Friday night. It has only snowed here once in the last 9 years, and no one here can remember it even snowing twice in one year. Funny how the weather in March works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home