Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday Night Lights

Hope everyone enjoyed the picture of Juice's twin. It really does look like him, I'm telling you. Here are a few thoughts for you, before I am off to the Nike Party. Supposedly there are going to be bunch of celebrities that you have never heard of like; Jay Chow, Elva, Jolin or some ish like that. Whatever, it should be a good time, and if anything eventful happens, I might or might not tell you about it. You know the drill.

The chick’s voice in Sister Hazel’s Champagne high is intoxicating. I keep replaying the song over and over again, just for her parts. Just to hear her come in with “Champagne high”. The girl is Emily Salier of 10,000 Maniacs. I am sure I had made fun of somebody for having one of their CDs (their being 10,000 Maniacs) but I take it all back. I’m not sure if you can be addicted to someone’s voice, but her’s is like crack. I think I have only listened to U2’s Stuck In A Moment in the same way. You know that part in the bridge, “I wasn’t jumping, for me it was a fall. Its long way down to nothing at AAAAAALLLLLL-AAAALLLLLL”. Whatever, I know it sounds gay, but I’m obsessed with it. Have been for years.

Maybe one of the most disappointing things happened to me the other day. I have to first say, it is one of those disappointments that you weren’t counting on, but when you found out, you were pissed. Like, if you apply for a job and don’t get it, that’s disappointing. But that is not the type I’m talking about. It’s more like opening up the newspaper, and glancing at an article about some old guy who won the lottery from a quick pick ticket he bought at your liquor store. You could have won, had you bought a ticket. But since you never play, its your fault. Ok, that turned into a way too long explanation, sorry. Well, if Dell and I ever wrote a book about our rocking days, and other random thoughts, we would probably struggle for a solid title. Well, I mentioned something to him the other day, unrelated (I thought) and he said, “Is that the name of our book”, the thing I mentioned was “Michael Learns To Rock”. Which, sadly is a name of some terrible British band that is popular in Shanghai because they copied a Chinese song, and put English lyrics to it. And he is taking an awesome book title, and ruining his with gay band. I’m at about “Coyote Ugly” level of disappointment on this one.

I cam across this error by John Clayton today. You know if I am finding errors, you need to check yourself, literally.
“With Bledsoe at the helm, Parcells took the Patriots from one of the worst teams in the league to a Super Bowl. He's not old in terms of age being only 33. Like we said, Parcells went to the playoffs two years ago with a much older Testaverde. It's no wonder this deal was done one day after the Bills released him”

Um, that was Quincy Carter not Vinny that led them to the Playoffs in 2003, Johnny C. Like I said, you betta check yo’selph

If I say “Como se dice -Ballroom Blitz-” what do you think of? Yeah, awesome huh?

For a little political rant. I’m glad our Congress is chiming in on this topic
rather than fixing my social security nightmare, balancing the budget, or figuring out why the hell our health care system blows ass-cock. In all seriousity, does anyone give a fuck about a bunch of millionaires or soon-to-be ones, sticking needles in their ass? Like I’m not already pissed off enough, reading “Imperial Hubris” and “People’s History of The United States”? I’m like a “Black Hawk Down” away from going Boston-Tea-Party on the government, now I got to read about lame-ass congressmen getting their rocks off because they get to hang out with Jose Canseco. To borrow from Aaron Karo, “Fuck ME”!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scotty Dimes said...

not to go johnny c on you (or i guess it would be the opposite of that), but i believe emily is one of the indigo girls (and yes, you can still make fun of someone for having an indigo girls cd, ahem, suss)...natalie merchant was the 10,000 maniacs chick

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home