Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Quickie

A few quick points today’s, as I am trying to get out of here early tonight.

  • Not sure if you read this or not, but Eric Wright , USC's starting CB was arrested this weekend for alleged Rape charge. In all seriousity, I feel for the girl and the girl's family. Rape is complete bullshit. But on a cynical, if there was a hell I'd be going to it for sure, note; Isn't this JUST how last year started? Man, its like the Yankees and cancer. If somebody had it, the won. Well, if USC repeats this year by winning the Rose Bowl... I think I've said enough
  • $18.13 is a great price for all you-can-eat Teppanyaki AND all-you-can-drink beer and sake. Going there on Friday night before you go out, is a great idea. Less than $20 and you get completely bombed. However, playing king-of-the-hill with full mugs of cold sake, is never a good idea.
  • Memo to people who read "The Sports Guy". Just because HE says it was/is a good show, does not by any means make it so. Miami Vice was NOT a good show. It was stupid, the outfits were very stupid and Don Johnson is still doing stupid shows. Does anyone besides our parents watch Nash Bridges? The only thing that makes Miami Vice DVD remotely cool, is the fact that Grand theft Auto turned it cool. The 80's were owned by The A-Team and That is That. I'm really starting to turn on this Bill Simmons guy and I have the feeling you are too. Nobody cares about "Fast Break" or whatever show you are pimping. I'd like your take on something remotely sports worthy, or entertaining. Just regurgitating Rocky III lines and Hoosiers references is getting quite old. I liked it better when you were coming up with creative pieces like How to Win Your Fantasy Draft (or piss off your buddies). Seems ever since you got married, you became a f-ing [cat]. Sorry, this turned into more of a memo to Bill, then his readers.
  • When Bruce Willis played himself in Ocean's Twelve, do you think he ever messed up or got out of character? Do you think he was really trying to play himself, or just a combination of John McClane, David Dunn and Butch? All we know Bruce as is his movie parts, so who knows if he is really like that. And how does Julia Roberts go about playing somone trying to be Julia Roberts? Tonight I'm going to act like someone trying to act like me.

That's all I got. A lone wolf there starin' back at me...

1 Comments:

Blogger deLL said...

Yes Side -

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the suns still shinin' when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neigborhood
But why can't every day be just this good?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home