Friday, April 15, 2005

Bowling For Bottles

I went bowling last night (Thursday Night), a completely different scene then the typical Friday Night debauchery that usually takes place. We went because it’s right across the street from my buddy’s house and this chick and her friend were going, so we decided to throw a couple down. The place was almost empty, very quiet and only lights on half the place. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, literally. One of the dudes that was bowling with us, I found out graduated in the year 200 from…..La Canada High School. [insert lame ass it’s a small world comment here]. He was more blown away by that fact then I was, to be honest. I was just concentrating on knocking back some beers and some pins. We bowled three games. The first game we (one guy and I) bet a round of beers (about $4), which I won on the last frame with something pathetic like 116-113. We didn’t even start betting until the last 4 frames because we noticed we were tied. The second game we didn't really bet anything, something was murmured about a bottle, but nothing came to fruition. I lost 129-106. The last game, to make things interesting we decided to bet a Bottle. This is a good place to explain The Bottle situation. Dellers is familiar with the concept (Remi Martin), however I have never brought the full effect out in LA yet. When we go out, we go to one of three places, but usually get a table at Guandi, which I have spoken many times about. When we get there, we order bottles of liquor instead of drinks. Not sure if you’ve ever ordered bottles at a club, but the price tag is usually around $100-$150 in the US. It’s a little cheaper here, but not much. This Saturday we are going to a trance club called DKD, on a normal Friday or Saturday night it’s a 100-300 rmb cover. Imagine going to club with a $50 cover. OK, that’s this place. We have a table booked for Saturday night, so the bet is whoever loses buys the bottle at DKD. I ended up bowling a 136, not great not spectacular, but just as good as a 300 since he bowled a 132, bitches! Somebody is drinking for free on Saturday, and his name is Sideburn.
Ok, you guys are probably sick of bowling stories or updates on my nightly activities, but I don’t have the luxury of going to Dodger games and sitting with famous actors, so cut me some slack, Jack.

Side's DVD Update:
The Big Bounce staring Owen Wilson, Morgan Freeman, Charlie Sheen and some hot chick (Sara Foster). I’m a pretty big Owen Wilson fan at this point, so I could just watch him walking around talking about home repairs or how many minutes it takes to hard boil an egg (12 FYI) and be entertained. The dialogue is witty and sometimes entertaining. The part that I don’t get (and maybe Cash can fill me in) is why Charlie Sheen is play Junior and not Ben Stiller? This was the typical Ben Stiller character, slimy mustached dude opposite Owen Wilson. I kept waiting for him to jump out of a coconut tree (movie takes place in Hawaii) or something of that nature. The other thing that I didn’t get is why M, Freeman is wearing an earring in his right ear now. Tell me Eddie Dupris isn’t a pillow biter, please.

Sin City starring so many good people; Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Brittany Murphy, Josh Hartnet, Benicio Del Toro, friggin Elijha Wood and that chick from 2 Fast 2 Furious (if I missed someone, my mad). Tom Hanks or one of the Wilsons might have been in it too, maybe. Synopsis? Jessica Alba is in a movie. Review? Jessica Alba is hot. Another note, I think Bruce Willis is entering the old guy phase. He’s 50 years old, and still has a flawless movie record
(Anything co-starring Mathew Perry does not count, as he is a handicap that no actor can overcome. Like having Holmes on your team in Beirut. No matter how good YOU are, he still has to touch the ball 50% of the time).

Blade Trinity starring Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds (that dude from Van Wilder) and one hot looking Jessica Biel. Um…yeah Blade (Wesley Snipes), this Vampire guy, kills other Vampires. He has a sword or a “Blade” and his name is “Blade”. If you;ve seen either the first or second one, the third is the same, only with more humor and Jessica Biel. I’m gonna come out and say that Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite up-and-coming actors today. He has a great comedic delivery and I wont be surprised if he goes for a more serious role soon, ala a more tolerable Aston Kutcher.

Coming in the next installment of Side DVD Wrap, I Love Huckabees and hopefully Band of Brothers if I buy it this weekend.

"OK, great. Thanks alot for that look into sports, Brian"

2 Comments:

Blogger Scotty Dimes said...

Wow, the dude graduated in 200? Is that A.D. or B.C.?

8:41 AM  
Blogger deLL said...

you get band of brohams yet?

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home